And it’s now the turn of Fels of the festac fame. She cuts straight to the chase…
Hey everyone! Can we pretend 2012 never happened? Good. Because if we consider the way it raced by and all the things we did not get to do…in fact, it did not happen!
So I am here with a prayer that 2013 will not be too fast (not that it should drag either) but last long enough for us to achieve our goals and get our heart desires before it ends. Amen.
Here are my Goals for 2013:
1. Give up alcohol. I mean, I am not much of a drinker and I believe if you won’t go hard, go home. So I’m packing my bags out of boozeville for good.
2. Be punctual. Without much effort, (obviously) I have earned the title ‘perpetual late comer’ amongst my friends and colleagues. I have decided to change my ways this year and I am making an effort to be punctual (if not early) from this year onward. So far so good, so mini yay!
3. Manners. I talk too much and I always cut people short or finish their sentences for them. I am making a serious effort to bite my tongue anytime I feel the need to interrupt people these days. I hope I can finally break this bad habit.
4. Income/Investment. “Never depend on a single income. Make investments to create a second source” -Warren Buffet To create a second source, I have decided to start baking again. I used to assist my mom in this business but she got too busy with other stuff and now I’ve decided to dust the pans, don my hat and apron and start taking orders again. 🙂
5. Finish the Bible in a year. Yes, I cannot count how many times I started this journey and stopped like 10 chapters in. But what makes this time special is I came across this verse “Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world and not according to Christ” – Col.2:8 My eyes opened, and now I want to know everything. By myself.
Other things I hope and pray to achieve this year include starting my Masters program, going to Paris, being committed in a deep, meaningful and happy relationship, helping more people and becoming a better person.