Psychedelic Words

Was leaving work drained the other day and was suddenly inspired to tweet some real emo ish. My homie, @afrothises does it a lot, tweeting stuff that makes you either go “Deep!” or “Hunh?!” So attempting to channel him, I spewed these forth. Going back and looking over them, it struck me that I could put them all together into one post and share on here. It’s not really poetry. Just a bunch of isolated thoughts, some from the same strain, others stand alone, that all came from the same place. Enjoy… if you can…

____________    ____________    ____________

Rabbit hole scurries and trippy delights that are disguised pain.

Head spins upon and within fluffy clouds which end up getting snuffed up. High.

Skidding in slow motion up steep hills with craggy edges, ungentle slopes and cliffs that gracefully fall away.

Floating just beneath the surface. Wallowing in dusty pixie hills.

Experiencing the well beneath the ocean. The sky within the clouds. The space under the hole. The peace upon the turmoil.

Coaxing these golden evidences of humanity out into existence. I am adamant. Lips and fingertips. They must be read.

Grovelling for more moreness. Such a life. Such is life.

No. Just no. Let it go. Let it go. Blow.

I miss it, you know? I do. You saw a lay, a glorious one. And yet, unlike me, missed the signs. Missed us all. Messed us all up.

Open up. Elaborate. Let the feelings run through your fingers, hit the floor and splatter upon your favourite shoes.

You see how I bandy these, don’t you? You realize how I pander my weary wares. Bandy the trade that is my tools. You see it?

20 comments on “Psychedelic Words

Las Las, You’re still stupid sha.

2. Mfoluwa says:

“Grovelling for more moreness. Such a life. Such is life.

No. Just no. Let it go. Let it go. Blow.”

Me Like.

Yes. Deep. Saw different meanings. Nice

3. Ebun Oluwole says:

Deep! My fave line is
    ”Experiencing the well beneath the ocean. The sky within the clouds. The space under the hole. The peace upon the turmoil”

4. cootales says:

Your girlfriend left you? (‘_’) ( ._.)

5. Aarinolaoluwa says:

‘ I am here now. You are not. What is reason, if it will not permit such magics to occur?

Free-falling straight through you. Crashing into the memories. Do the shards and the fragments blind you purposefully?’
    Hmmmmm… 😦

6. genieslamp says:

If these were even the only lines in this poem, they said all. Pure gold.

You people should be seeing invisible depth upandan…*hissss

8. Edgothboy says:

The first phrase I have found to be most true.

9. teleola says:

Had to think of all the lines independently. Some still left me confused but I love the way I had to think extra.

10. bharyour says:

Hehehe. You’re such a brilliant dodoyo.. With my current mood “bored” my favourite is “I die. While living. Because what is life but the perpetual scrawl towards the end. The flourish. The climax.”

11. yenekeap says:

*Open up. Elaborate. Let the feelings run through your fingers, hit the floor, and splatter your favorite shoes* What is life but the perpetual scrawl towards the end. The flourish. The climax*. Absolutely love. Caught myself going ‘wouw.’ (But then again I do need to get my meds upped.) …(Whas your twirra handle again?)