Many Happy Returns to Aidee, her birthday was yesterday. As you must realize now, I know many sweet ladies. She’s one of them 🙂 …
Jan 01 2013, I was unhappy. My life wasn’t going the way I planned. Things weren’t just happening for me. I wasn’t looking forward to my birthday because it just meant I was getting older & life sucked. I’d been in PHC for 4 years and I was getting tired of the place. I didn’t want to go back home but it looked like I didn’t have a choice.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord… (Jer 29:11)
Well, I kept asking Him what His plans were but He was silent on me. Then, one day my life changed. I received an email I had given up on. A week later, I said “goodbye” to PHC & said “hello” to my future.
A great man once told me that our lives were divided into 3 parts. Birth – 25 years of age [morning], 26 – 50 [afternoon], 51 – 75 [evening].
Sometimes, I feel like I wasted my morning but everything I have done, everything I have gone through has led me to where I am today. Not where I want to be yet but I know I’m heading there which is why I’m definitely happier these days.
Yesterday was my birthday & it marked the beginning of my afternoon – a new phase for me. I hope to:
– Develop a deeper relationship with God. Go back to ministry. There was a sense of fulfilment I got every time I serve in my Father’s house. I miss working in the church.
– Communicate better with family & friends. I dunno how to keep in touch 😦 I’ll strive to do better this year.
– Excel in school and at work.
– Do something about my love for Nigerian Gospel music.
– Smile more. Worry less.
– Be kinder.
– Do something new for the first time.
– Make better choices. [ Life is choice driven. We live and die by the choice we make.]
– Enjoy life.
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
Have a memorable 2014 guys. God bless and keep us all.