20 Facts About Toxic

1. I’ve never done a viral challenge before. 100 days of-, 30 days of-, 7 days of-, cold water challenge, etc. I’ve never been able to stomach riding on band wagons and following trends. Until now.

2. I’m an artist. The expression of creativity is my utmost passion and manifests itself through several media. Mostly visual.

3. I’m an actor. I’ve been in several stage productions and in film and tv, I’ve acted in Campus Queen, Shallow Waters, Edge of Paradise and most recently Gidi Up.

4. I love words. I’m a reader. I’m particularly a sucker for fiction and history. Growing up, I’d read anything at all… Unless it was my school book, then the interest would disappear like salt in boiling water.

5. I’m a writer. I write #ArtStories at thenakedconvos.com and I blog very, very regularly here ( ._.)

6. I used to be a dancer. I’m still very agile, however I appear to have lost all sense of rhythm. I do not know how this happened.

7. I’m an introverted extrovert. I’m a very social person but I value my alone time very much and I can spend many hours in the company of only myself. I’m also fiercely independent.

8. I hate writing on touch-screen devices. I still own a blackberry solely for this reason, primarily because I write lengthy pieces on my phone (such as this one) and buttons just do it for me. In fact, this post is being voice written at the moment (with much finger augmentation though, because not the most accurate). I’m experimenting.

ps That voice thing was a long thing so I had to use my finger more. This happens to be the first time I’m using swype at length on my phone without a screen protector and I’m falling more and more in love with it. I’ve just been giving myself suffer head all this time. Dis tin too sweet. Needless to say, no8 is no longer a fact about me 😝

9. I find correspondence a chore. Replying emails, text and IMs are tedious for me. Necessary evils, all of them. Interestingly enough, I reply tweets fairly promptly and I much prefer making and receiving phone calls.

10. I used to be a very lazy person. I can be very indisciplined. I still procrastinate sometimes. However, I look back sometimes at all the things I’ve done at certain times and I realize I do a lot… but I could actually do more. Much more. So I will.

11. My eyes are terrible. Myopia. Some day, when I can afford it, I shall laser blast them out of terribleness. Ironically, I like the different looks I can achieve by wearing different glasses. I consider them a form of fashion.

12. I have a degree in Fine Arts, with a specialization in sculpture. I’ve never practiced sculpture.

13. I’m a romantic.

14. I don’t watch television. I find video terribly distracting and no matter how crap what is on is, I can stare enthralled like I’m 5yrs old again while time irreversibly passes me by. So I disciplined myself to simply never switch on and walk on by even when I see someone else watching something interesting. After I began living on my own, I didn’t own a tv for years. Now, I’ve owned a tv I’ve never switched on for 9mths.

15. I’m a film and movie buff. Control is key for me when dealing with the video format and I love how I can dedicate a small period of time to a movie and then move on to other things. Youtube too. Much as I love the idea of tv shows, they simply carry on for way too long. The only tv series I’ve allowed myself follow at all (and earnestly too) is Game of Thrones. Because epic epicness!

16. I love travel. I hope to visit a vast number of places on God’s green earth before I’m done with this planet. Amen.

17. I’m that rapper who never followed his passion through. The only bars I’ve ever managed to record were at the behest of other people.

18. I gave up on rap and began to consider poetry and spoken word as more suited to my personality and choices of subject matter. Never really expressed those because I soon began writing fiction and got lost in it. Never too late to try, right?

19. I don’t watch football. I don’t care for it. I’m also not a gamer, even though I enjoy it the few and far between times I indulge. I just can’t afford the time. I never owned a gaming console growing up and now that I can afford one, I’m just not interested. Shrug.

20. I don’t lie very often, even though I’m really good at it. For instance, no1 is a lie. I did the ‘100 questions about me’ challenge 2yrs so… No, I’m not narcissistic.

Bye.

36 comments on “20 Facts About Toxic

1. mike says:

No19 tho!!! Same

2. Mz C-me says:

I recall tweeting u about the gidi up thingy and d way you responded like it wasn’t you. oh well

3. highlandblue says:

Your number 8 made me laugh, the edit too. And I recommend Breaking Bad. Start from season 2.

You owe me a Pill post

You’re a wicked pezin. I said I don’t have enough time to indulge in tv shows and you’re recommending another one to me. Is it fair? 😦

I owe you a Pill post? ( ._.)

4. TOTS OF A BLACK GIRL says:

Wow! So you studied visual art(sculpting to be specific) and never made use of it? Hmm, you don’t know the treasure you are hiding. Am an artist and promote visual art. So, don’t be annoyed by my sentiment.

Lol. How can I be annoyed? I understand perfectly…

But sculpture is just too much of an attention-hogger and I’m too much of a whore when it comes to sharing my attention. Too many things require my focus for me to give it all to sisi sculpture. Lol

5. I liked this, even the lie seemed sincere. πŸ™‚

6. I like these….insightful πŸ™‚

7. frankices says:

Ha! I read #1 n thought it was a lie n I don’t even know u like that. πŸ˜€

Your #4. Soooooo me. ANY thing but school books. (//_\\)

And #8, whats this about a voice thing? Educate a Sistuh, pretty pls?

P.S. Concerning #16, come to Abuja. Lets hang a lil. (‘⌣’)

Lol. #8 – If you use an android phone, you can dictate to your phone and have it translate to text fairly accurately.
      #16 – Okay then. When next I find myself in Abuja, I’ll holla πŸ˜€

8. Toyole says:

I wish I could give up TV, it eats time up. Haha of course with the exception of Game of Thrones. You should try Outlander, a new TV series based on a book series. It’s a mixture of historical fiction, sic-fi, romance and it’s subtly incredible πŸ™‚

9. RJ says:

17 & 18… Ha! who woulda thunk.

10. enajyte says:

Amen to #16.

#17, nope, never to late, I can recommend a few places you can launch from (if you haven’t started already).

#6, Another lie? You’ve not blogged in months. You can make it a truth though…

11. enajyte says:

#5 not #6. About that sef, your rhythm is probably waiting for the right song. πŸ™‚

12. Munachi says:

We could be twins. Except I’m a science student πŸ™‚

13. Dapo says:

Who. Cares.

14. motunrayo says:

I’m 6,7,8,9- only mine’s astigmatism,11 too. See we have so much in common let’s get married -_-

15. Tawn says:

Number 19 tho, rare gem ^.^

16. bharyour says:

I don’t like TV either. Because it’s a pesky annoying thing that demands your attention and makes you wait till adverts are done playing before you continue.

And then my wife made me cough up the money for an Explora! Now I watch TV. On my own terms. Freedom!!!