1. I’ve never done a viral challenge before. 100 days of-, 30 days of-, 7 days of-, cold water challenge, etc. I’ve never been able to stomach riding on band wagons and following trends. Until now.
2. I’m an artist. The expression of creativity is my utmost passion and manifests itself through several media. Mostly visual.
3. I’m an actor. I’ve been in several stage productions and in film and tv, I’ve acted in Campus Queen, Shallow Waters, Edge of Paradise and most recently Gidi Up.
4. I love words. I’m a reader. I’m particularly a sucker for fiction and history. Growing up, I’d read anything at all… Unless it was my school book, then the interest would disappear like salt in boiling water.
5. I’m a writer. I write #ArtStories at thenakedconvos.com and I blog very, very regularly here ( ._.)
6. I used to be a dancer. I’m still very agile, however I appear to have lost all sense of rhythm. I do not know how this happened.
7. I’m an introverted extrovert. I’m a very social person but I value my alone time very much and I can spend many hours in the company of only myself. I’m also fiercely independent.
8. I hate writing on touch-screen devices. I still own a blackberry solely for this reason, primarily because I write lengthy pieces on my phone (such as this one) and buttons just do it for me. In fact, this post is being voice written at the moment (with much finger augmentation though, because not the most accurate). I’m experimenting.
ps That voice thing was a long thing so I had to use my finger more. This happens to be the first time I’m using swype at length on my phone without a screen protector and I’m falling more and more in love with it. I’ve just been giving myself suffer head all this time. Dis tin too sweet. Needless to say, no8 is no longer a fact about me 😝
9. I find correspondence a chore. Replying emails, text and IMs are tedious for me. Necessary evils, all of them. Interestingly enough, I reply tweets fairly promptly and I much prefer making and receiving phone calls.
10. I used to be a very lazy person. I can be very indisciplined. I still procrastinate sometimes. However, I look back sometimes at all the things I’ve done at certain times and I realize I do a lot… but I could actually do more. Much more. So I will.
11. My eyes are terrible. Myopia. Some day, when I can afford it, I shall laser blast them out of terribleness. Ironically, I like the different looks I can achieve by wearing different glasses. I consider them a form of fashion.
12. I have a degree in Fine Arts, with a specialization in sculpture. I’ve never practiced sculpture.
13. I’m a romantic.
14. I don’t watch television. I find video terribly distracting and no matter how crap what is on is, I can stare enthralled like I’m 5yrs old again while time irreversibly passes me by. So I disciplined myself to simply never switch on and walk on by even when I see someone else watching something interesting. After I began living on my own, I didn’t own a tv for years. Now, I’ve owned a tv I’ve never switched on for 9mths.
15. I’m a film and movie buff. Control is key for me when dealing with the video format and I love how I can dedicate a small period of time to a movie and then move on to other things. Youtube too. Much as I love the idea of tv shows, they simply carry on for way too long. The only tv series I’ve allowed myself follow at all (and earnestly too) is Game of Thrones. Because epic epicness!
16. I love travel. I hope to visit a vast number of places on God’s green earth before I’m done with this planet. Amen.
17. I’m that rapper who never followed his passion through. The only bars I’ve ever managed to record were at the behest of other people.
18. I gave up on rap and began to consider poetry and spoken word as more suited to my personality and choices of subject matter. Never really expressed those because I soon began writing fiction and got lost in it. Never too late to try, right?
19. I don’t watch football. I don’t care for it. I’m also not a gamer, even though I enjoy it the few and far between times I indulge. I just can’t afford the time. I never owned a gaming console growing up and now that I can afford one, I’m just not interested. Shrug.
20. I don’t lie very often, even though I’m really good at it. For instance, no1 is a lie. I did the ‘100 questions about me’ challenge 2yrs so… No, I’m not narcissistic.