2017: What a year it was I’m just grateful to have experienced and survived the year that it was. It was so challenging and there were times when I just wanted to give up, but I couldn’t afford to. My motto was “I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me” I still have the sticky note on my fridge because I needed that reassurance every day, that I would be fine.
I was the queen procrastinator because I was too scared to do anything outside my routine, plus I spent half the time cracking jokes and keeping up appearances, so everyone would think I was okay and happy. Initially I didn’t believe in writing down my goals or plans because I’ll probably just forget I wrote it down somewhere, but I have realized the POWER in just penning your thoughts down. You give life to your words when you write it down.
My plans/goals for 2018 are as follows:
1. Overcoming my fear – I think I started out 2018 on a good note by deciding to write for this blog. I’ve always had a fear of revealing my thoughts to the world. The fear of not being good enough.
2. Leaving my comfort zone – I plan on doing things I’ve never done before and even if it doesn’t work out, I’ll know that at least I tried.
3. Professional Qualification- Last year Miss procrastinator came to town and I didn’t buy the form that would enable me take the exams to join the TRCN (Teacher’s registration council of Nigeria). I am writing this year *fingers crossed*.
4. Building long lasting relationships – Let’s just say I want to be a better friend and be more involved in the lives of people I care about.
5. Love – This is something I’m trying to be more intentional about. I hope my soulmate comes knocking soon enough. LOL.
6. Travel- I’m trying to see the world this year. Starting with certain places in Nigeria and I ready hope I can keep up with this.
7. Reading – I can’t keep making the excuse that I don’t read anymore because of twitter. I’m going to try my best to pick up a book or two (don’t judge me) this year.
8. Be a fine girl irrespective of societies definition of beauty. LOL This year, I just want to put in more effort as regards my life and hopefully God sees me through and helps me make my goals a reality. The plan is to live my best life moving forward.